The Town Council is the most local of the two tiers of government that represent Chepstow with the other tier being Monmouthshire County Council. The two councils are responsible for different services therefore if you are not sure who you need to speak to on a particular issue please call us on 01291 626370 (Monday to Friday 09.00 am to 1.00 pm) or email us and we will be happy to advise you.
The Council is committed to providing services and facilities which meet the needs of the people of Chepstow and recognises that it is often appropriate to work in partnership with other organisations. As well as having Councillor representation on a number of community stakeholder bodies it also works closely with Monmouthshire County Council in a number of areas such as CCTV, Street Cleansing, wild flower planting areas and litter bins.
- The Gatehouse
- Public Toilets at Thomas Street, Welsh Street Car Park, Tourist Information Centre and the Riverbank
- War Memorial and War Memorial Gun at Beaufort Square
- Town Centre CCTV
- Street Cleansing in partnership with Monmouthshire County Council Monday – Fridays with direct ownership for weekend street cleansing in the main shopping areas of Bulwark and the town.
- Dog Bins – installing and emptying. We are also members of the County Council initiative “Give Dog Fouling the Red Card”
- Litter Bins – installing, maintaining and emptying
- Grants to local community groups
- Consultee on planning applications
- Summer Floral Displays and Bee Friendly all year round planting
- Christmas Lighting